The bell has been rung!!
Our official first day of school photos:
Ezra - grade 6
Zephan - grade 4
Kzena - grade 2
Zaraya - Kindergarten
WOW!! I can't believe my baby has started school!!
The first day of school was the first day we didn't have an extra Monkey (note the capital M) staying at our zoo and I was NOT ready to begin. I thought it best for us to enjoy the beautiful sunshine and each other. We loaded up our bikes and went to an area of little used roads and biked for a hour.
Once home we had lunch, then went over our new books, with no work expected. Here's the treats I made up for this first day back:
Their new pencils were a hit!!
The no work order was disobeyed. Zaraya had an agenda of what a child does in kindergarten and those things she had to do. Who was I to argue?? She HAD to do her "maff" book, reading, her flashcards, draw a picture and paint one too. She HAD to. She had a counted list, would hold up her fingers and re-list and count after she had completed something.
Her enthusiasm was catching. (HUGE grin on my face)
Kzena decorated her book box and did some math & explode the code too. (Ezra did do some book work too but no photo.)
After dinner, we continued the low-key fun day by heading back outside to enjoy the evening. I obviously need to work on my "speed" photos but I post these cause it still shows the fun they had, not to mention, the exercise the boys got!!!
Sitting around a fire
It boggles my mind how grown up this boy of ours is looking!!
And this one too!! How did time go so fast?
Delaying the inevitable bedtime, another wagon ride is started. This one didn't go quite so fast!
First day of school = an A+
1 comment:
Awesome 1st Day treats! I love the enthusiam of Za. Love that is caught fire. Congratulations on a new school year Zoo! May God bless it richly.
Post a Comment