Saturday, January 7, 2012

December

DSC_5281Zaraya was crawling on the floor.  Anyone on the floor is fair game to Peter, who tackles you. I thought this was so cute, the two of them laughing together.  I took a picture and walk away.  Then I hear, “Mommy??  Can you get Peterboy off me??  I’m stuck.” 



DSC_5285With December arriving… so did the tree. I’m not sure why I don’t have many decorating pictures or even the tree afterwards.  I think it might have something to do with having the tree ‘Petercaded’ to keep it safe.  The tree’s in the corner, coffee table and a loveseat boxing it in.  Then we had another arrival at the zoo for almost two weeks.  I don’t think there was time to even really truly reflect and
DSC_5423
enjoy Christmas until Boxing Day!





Kzena started a new unit in science on habitats.  Here she is to make a couple nests using different bases.  One toothpicks.  The other salt dough.  It was a hard thing to do, using toothpicks.  Zephan to the rescue!

DSC_5291DSC_5293DSC_5288DSC_5294
DSC_5295
Zaraya having her own go at it.







DSC_5297DSC_5298DSC_5299DSC_5300DSC_5301DSC_5302DSC_5296I love these pictures.  More so, these moments.



DSC_5313DSC_5315The Sunday School Christmas Play and Upstreet, the JR Youth Group which Ezra is part of.

DSC_5338DSC_5347
DSC_5392DSC_5403
Soon after she arrived, A celebrated her 2nd birthday, which we couldn’t let pass by.  See Zaraya’s scratched up face?  She tripped while running on a sidewalk.  But no worries, her knees and hands were fine.  Yes, she used her face, and only her face, to land on. 

DSC_5429

I can not miss the opportunity to post a photo of Daddy playing Ring Around the Rosie with his baby girl.






DSC_5435DSC_5460
Zephan made banana bread totally on his own. I was hanging out in the kitchen watching, but missed just how many CUPS of chocolate chips he put in there!

DSC_5440Peter hung out and snacked.  I know.  It looks horrible doesn’t it?!?  But honestly, we had to fill up the chocolate chip bucket and left two in there for him. 







DSC_5456
Ezra made Spritz cookies. What a tough, tough job he had! Not only did he make the cookies, but had to deal with two wondeful helpers and lots of sneaky taste testers.
DSC_5458DSC_5459

DSC_5451Is he just not cute??  Peek a boo!







DSC_5462PEOPLE!  With legs!!  Smile





Next comes Christmas, and all the family that visited.  I’ll do that in a separate post. 

1 comment:

mrs.smith said...

Awesome monster post! I am lovin' all these pictures! December looked pretty dang fun at the Zoo. I too LOVE the reading around the table pics (children use your lovely handmade coasters :) ), that is SO precious.