Wednesday, April 25, 2012

More School

Kzena is working through her physical science unit. Here she is investigating bonds.  The experiment has her blowing soap bubbles with different sized straws and observe the differences.  I’m thinking: I’ve got the cleanest counters around!! 
DSC_7246DSC_7247
The boys are still working through their simple machines unit with K’nex.  Here we have the balance, and then the wheel barrow.  I have learned a lot through these lessons but the boys are taking their time explaining things to me. Embarrassed smile   1st, 2nd and 3rd class levels have been studied now. 
DSC_7249DSC_7290DSC_7255DSC_7299
Here is Zephan explaining pulleys to me.
DSC_7300
Ezra’s block and tackle, the best project yet!  Next up in the K’nex: Gears.DSC_7303
Kzena is enjoying building the projects after the boys.  Here she’s built the boat and is twisting the elastic to show me how fast the wheel will spin.
DSC_7250
Getting a little energy out. 
DSC_7259
I taught the kids how to play solitaire with cards.  Wow! Ha! They thought this was great.  As a child I spent hours playing cards.  An enjoyment that has been lost here with the computer dealing for us.  Time to bring back the deck!
DSC_7278
What is it about SITTING on a stool that is so difficult?? Or maybe I’ve just lost some sense of adventure with age.  I think I’d fall off if I was to sit like them. 
DSC_7280DSC_7281

No comments: