Friday, March 2, 2012

February continued

DSC_6274
Ahhh… much better!!
DSC_6279
Colouring sessions happen galore.
DSC_6297DSC_6290DSC_6299

DSC_6293













Another beautiful day brought us a chance to spend time in the yard roasting marshmallows, and run around in a princess dress. 
DSC_6313DSC_6315
And yes, chop up the Christmas tree to get rid of it.  In February.
DSC_6311DSC_6314

For $1 I picked up a brand new game of Twister at the second hand store.  Only it didn’t have a spinner. So I made one out of a coffee tin lid and a popsicle stick.  Great fun!! 
DSC_6448DSC_6451
Birthday and Christmas monies were spent by the girls on their first Legos.
DSC_6466DSC_6471
Zephan giving Zaraya a hand.
DSC_6478
Ezra and Zephan spent some money on some too.
DSC_6472DSC_6479
The next day when the power went out, Kzena continued to build by candlelight.  That’s dedication! Smile
DSC_6480
Kzena was learning about fossils and for an experiment made a mold fossil.  Measure, mix, imprint.  Great fun!
DSC_6573DSC_6609
We are learning how to draw by using “The Drawing Textbook”by Bruce McIntyre.  We’ve only just begun lesson 7, after doing a few review lessons.  Kzena loves to colour, loves to draw.  Here’s a sample of her review lesson page.  I helped her get the lines in the right direction on the house, but otherwise, the rest is done by her!  Art is one subject that gets left off the list when we run out of time, but for Kzena’s sake, I’m going to make sure this is done more often. 
DSC_6580DSC_6581
A few odds and ends:
What’s better than a brand new pack of markers???
DSC_6601
It’s so much more fun bunking together.  I call them “my Little House in the Prairie girls” which sets off a round of giggles.
DSC_6582
Samson.  aka: yoda dog
DSC_6587
Check out this smile!!
DSC_6588

2 comments:

mrs.smith said...

awesome, now his super smile has bling!
and Lego by candlelight, a girl after my own heart :)
Kz has some serious skills! Emily Carr, here she comes!

Jennifer said...

Fabulous post! Love how your kids all love each other - totally comes through on your blog! Sweetness. Smarty-pants and creative Mama with the coffee lid spinner ;) I agree with Mrs. Smith on Kz art skills. Looks like Mama should frame some of her beauties! Great smile to end with :)