Saturday, March 17, 2012

St*r W*rs!!

Six weeks ago we told the kids, each Friday if all their assignments for the week were done, we would watch a St*r W*rs episode. WOW!!  What a great motivation this was!!!  Every week they would look at their sheet for the week and work ahead bit by bit, so that by Friday morning it was down to only a couple quick things.  They had to be ready by 11:00 because Daddy had to be out the door to work before 2:30.  Vern and I watched the movie one night before Friday so we had it fresh in our minds and could “walk them through” any scary parts or answer questions.  I had not even seen the first three episodes!  While the kids watched with Vern I would make some lunch for them to eat during the movie, watch Peter and get some paper work done.  Zaraya didn’t make it through all of them and often joined me upstairs.  But this past Friday we watched Episode VI and I just had to do a few fun things.

  DSC_6834
I’ve never dipped truffles before (these were Oreo balls.. oh my word – YUM!) so they look BAD! After I did these I watched a tutorial on how to dip them properly. Yes, should have watched it first. So note the note: AFTER the war LOL
DSC_6835
Ezra made sure my St*r W*rs spelling was correct.
DSC_6836DSC_6837DSC_6838DSC_6839DSC_6840DSC_6841DSC_6844DSC_6843
And after the show?  Jedi training!
DSC_6845DSC_6847DSC_6849
Robbie was at school when we watched the movies but there was a Light saber waiting for him when he got home! Smile

4 comments:

mrs.smith said...

Seriously. That was AWESOME!!!! I LOVE the Star Food! What a great memory for them to share. The light sabres are so cool aren't they? Great work mama. great work!

Nicole said...

Wow!! How much fun!! They look super excited!!! You did a wonderful job!! You are so great with them! So what is going to be the next motivation to get the school work done?

The Zookeeper said...

Thanks Mrs. Smith!!
Nic- NO CLUE on the motivation. Got any ideas for me??

Jennifer said...

WOW! WOW! WOW! I think this is absolutely fabulous! Agree with Mrs. Smith, what a memory you created for them with all the special touches. Bravo! Love those motivation boosters and the kids get so pleased with themselves over their accomplishments and rewards!