Friday, November 23, 2012

A bit of book work

Zaraya has been working through the Earlybird Singapore math book and loving it!  


Is this just not the best?!?!  I love the finger counting!!  



Kzena has started Rod & Staff English 2 this year.  I was kind of worried about it at first.  My boys at that age would never have done the written work required, but Kzena?  ha! I shouldn't have worried.  She has totally risen to the task, and often goes way beyond what's required when writing out sentences.  One assignment was to write a (simple) sentence to tell what was happening in the picture.  One picture had a family sitting at a table.  She doesn't write a little sentence such as, "The family is eating." or "They are sitting at a table."  No.  She writes, "The people are eating lunch at a restaurant." Pencil lead does not scare this child and I love it!! Girls are sooooo different from boys in this area.  At least, in this house!



No comments: