Monday, November 5, 2012

The girls started doing Five in a Row this year. I have a math and a LA program for them but was hoping to hit get science, socials and health topics through FIAR.  We started with the story, "Owl Moon".  A great story!  All the kids enjoyed this story.  From this story we learned more about Owls doing a lapbook from homeschoolshare.com called Baby Owls, which the girls really enjoyed.







We did an owl craft.  For those that know me you know, I'm not all that crafty.  I think I ended up combing a few different ideas I found online and winged it.  I think I was the most surprised at how cute they turned out! Kzena's:


Zaraya's:



And of course you can't read Owl Moon and not learn about the moon. Here we did moon phases with Oreo cookies.  We also went into the dark bathroom with a flashlight and the 'moon on a stick' to see the visual of how the sun lights up the moon.  



And of course, you can't do anything with Oreo cookies without the boys joining in!!  A yummy class this was.


No comments: